Your partner in the drive to net-zero
Modelling the Energy Transition
We would be delighted to discuss your modelling requirements and possibilities for working together. Energy Reform is happy to work as part of a wider consortium or as a single supplier.
who we are
Our Specialist Modelling Expertise
Energy Reform have a broad toolset and expertise for carrying out a wide range of system analyses including
- Security of Supply Analysis using methodologies specifically suited to accounting for the impact of variable renewable technologies
- Market modelling, price forecasting and production cost modelling using advanced stochastics
- Multi-market and multi-timescale modelling to simultaneously model futures, day-ahead, intraday and balancing markets
- Long term investment planning modelling utilising specific methodologies to account for the impacts of variable renewables and sector coupling including:
- Transmission, generation and storage investment planning
- Co-optimisation of short-term operations and long-term investments and storage to account for variable renewables and sector coupling
- Impact of sector coupling technologies such as hydrogen and power to X
- Multi-sector energy systems modelling: with increasing shares of renewable generation and increased electrification the potential of hydrogen and power to X technologies need specific models and methodologies to capture the increased interactions between sectors, timescales and across regions. As a core member of the Spine project consortium, Energy Reform has specific expertise in this area.